Friday, August 10, 2012

Editable Products Tutorial

Hey yall! TGIF, right?

Actually, Friday's have no special meaning to me right now, since every day feels like a holiday for me! But for the rest of you, I'm sure Fridays are sacred :)

Have you seen the increase of products on TPT that are editable? I have and I was dying to figure out how to make my own products editable!

So I contacted my buddy Lyndsey over at A Year of Many Firsts and she gave me the 411.

Thanks, Lyndsey!

So I have made my very first editable product...yay! And, of course, it coordinates with my Owls on Dots classroom theme. I'm telling you...I just can't stop the cuteness!

This product was inspired by Pinterest and Hadar from Miss Kindergarten. Thanks, girl!




Since this product is editable, I wanted to give you guys a quick little tutorial on how to add your own text. This should help you with any editable product that is a PowerPoint.

When you first open up the product, it looks like this




As you scroll down, you will see all the pages that I have added.



Note: these pages have been flattened, which means you CANNOT edit them!

Scroll on down to the blank labels.

See them? Good.

You will want to add a textbox. Click on Insert and then click on Text Box. Drag the cursor to the spot you want toplace the textbox. You can always move this around later, if need be.



Now you want to add your text. Type in the text you want, say maybe Front Office. Then highlight the text and change the font.

For the purpose of this specific product, you will need to download the Pea Nancy font.

Scroll down the different fonts until you find the one that matches your product. Again, for this product, I used the Pea Nancy font, so I clicked on that. Then you need to decide how big you want your font.


After you have changed the size of the font, you will probably need to place it a little differently. You want to make sure that it looks good on your label, so just place it to your liking.


The last step is changing the color of the font so that it matches the rest of the product.

The next few pictures show the exact colors that I used for this specific product. However, you can always choose your favorite color :)

Here is the purple color...



Here is the green color...


Here is the aqua color...


Here is the orange color...


The pink color is a little bit trickier, because its not one of the first choices you are given. Click on the font color and then at the bottom click More Choices.


This is the pink color that you need to choose. Then click OK.



Now all you need to do it save your PowerPoint and you're done!

Pretty easy, right?

I hope that this was helpful for everyone, regardless if you are editing my product or one of any fabulous other products. You can also add your own pictures or clipart.

Still have questions?

Don't fret....holler at me!

Oh, and if you are just dying to have this cute sign for your classroom, pick it up here from my TPT store.

Happy weekend, friends :)




6 comments:

  1. Ok, so that means that someone can't "steal your graphic" and use it to make their own things, right? I worry about that. We pay good money for our clip art!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just totally read my mind with this tutorial! I swear I was just wondering how to do this today. Thank you so much!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I've been wondering how to do an editable product, as well, without going against copyright laws!! So, how do you flatten the slides without turning it into a PDF??

    Carly
    First Grade Fabulosity

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, did you make the whole document as a power point? Could you teach me? Please and Thankyou. Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie