Monday, August 20, 2012

Teacher Week-Must Have Monday!

Hey yall! Happy Monday!

I am so excited to be linking up for Teacher Week! Last year, I wasn't a blogger yet, so obviously I didn't participate...but I read each and every  blog that did participate! And I got so many great ideas!

I know this year is going to be even better!


One thing that I must have in my classroom is Pandora!

No, not the pretty Pandora you wear on your wrist....the Pandora you listen to!


Seriously, in my classroom, we have Pandora on quite a bit. Whether its the quiet piano station during our center time or reading, or the Kids Bop station during craftiviy time, that thing stays pulled up on my computer all day long!

Sometimes it goes a little crazy, so you have to make sure to keep it in check! There may have been one occasion where Usher started playing on my Kids Bop station....

Another must have for my classroom?

A cozy chair! Or couch, or carpet, or spot....anything! As long as its a place where my littles can go to relax and read!



I wasn't lucky enough to have a large room that could hold a couch, so we made do with this little baby. This was perfect for our D.E.A.R. time, and could fit 2 littles at a time.

Along the same lines, I also had my room equipped with reading squares.



My students could grab one of these babies and find a nice spot in the room to get some reading done.

Now, I know some of you might be worried about some nasty little critters hanging about....ew!

No worries...I just sprayed these puppies with Lysol once a week, and they stayed nice and fresh all year.

Another must have for me is our Bucket Fillers board!



This is my board from last year. It is actually the side of my filing cabinet. I found all those little magnets from the dollar spot (where else??) and the paper buckets are from Hobby Lobby. I also wrote the students' names on the buckets, but they were turned backwards for this picture.

We used these little bucket filler cards. Click the picture to get your copy!



I am also linking this post up with Manic Monday!


 
Now...off to see everyone else's must haves!

4 comments:

  1. Cute bucket filler cards! Thanks for sharing on Manic Monday, I now have cute little cards and you have a new stalker - I think that is a fair trade, don't you? :)
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not thought of Pandora in the classroom. I'm sure your students love it.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was also initiated in some of the earlier statements and one must need to regard all those credentials objects needed to be made herewith. pediatric personal statement

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie