Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Craze

Hey yall!
 
I am officially on Christmas vacation! I am so stoked to spend the next two weeks soaking up time with friends and family. I am also done with school for the semester, and got my grades today-all A's! Whoo-hoo!
 
Hopefully, you will be seeing a little bit more from me, now that I'm not struggling to keep my head above water.
 
Before the break, we had lots of Christmas fun!
 
We did a study on caribou, using graphic organizers from What the Teacher Wants. We completed an informatonal writing piece on caribou, and made a super cute little reindeer hand craft. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap some pics :( but they looked like this...
 
Pinned Image
 
...except for we didn't make ours into ornaments.
 
We also had on Polar Express Day on Monday. My littles all came to school in their PJs....they were all so cute!
 

 
I told the students that morning they had to earn their ticket to watch the movie. Throughout the morning, students that were well behaved earned their ticket. Then, when it was time to watch the movie, I punched their tickets. They were so excited to have their very own tickets!
 
We read the book, watched the movie, drank hot cocoa, and completed lots of activities from my All Aboard! The Polar Express unit. If you need some quick activities to do for your Polar Express day, click the picture below.
 

 
The next day (our last), we had a surprise from our elf Jack on our desks. He brought us some Elf Kisses and our very own bells from the North Pole!
 

 
Their excitement was almost palpable :)
 
We spent the morning writing about what we would do if Santa was stuck in our chimney, and made a little craftivity to go along with it. Of course, I forgot to snap a picture {I've been so bad about that lately!}.
 
Then it was time for our party! We made a little snowman ornament craft, had a book exchange, and then ate some yummy food! I had gotten all my littles books for Christmas, and when they opened them, they started chanting "Pete the Cat!" over and over again. It was too cute.
 
 
Speaking of gifts, I was trying to figure out what to get my team for Christmas. I am so thankful to get along so well with the other teachers on my team, because you never know when starting at a new school. I ended up getting them some chevron striped insulated cups from Hobby Lobby, put their initials on them, and filled them with candy. Simple :) and I think they liked them.
 

 
If you like the tags I made, you can grab them here. There are 2 different sizes to choose from.
 
Now...I'm off to finish enjoying my first day of vacation....ahhhh :)




1 comment:

  1. We had a very similar day. We watched the polar express, made hand print ornaments and partied. I also bought books for my sweeties for Christmas. Must be a teacher thing;)

    Heather
    I’m having a giveaway! I’d love for you to buzz by and enter :)
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie