Friday, March 8, 2013

Our Week in Seuss!

Hey yall! TGIF!
 
This has been a long, but fun week! Well, except for the fact that we had an unannounced meeting for an hour after school today....who does that on a Friday???
 
Anyways, since last week our school had a lot going on for Black History Month, we decided to celebrate the good Dr. this week! And boy did we celebrate!
 
Be prepared...there is a lot of pictures coming your way!
 
We started last Friday with a birthday party. We had cake, pin the hat on the cat, a Seussical photo booth with props, and then went outside to run off all that cake :)
 

 



 
We read a bazillion books and watched videos of books from this site. This site was awesome, because our school has YouTube blocked but these videos were accessible!
 
 
We made some fun craftivities, too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I put out a ton of different math and literacy centers, most of which I had gathered from last year or from my own packs. However, I cannot share any of these with you due to the whole copyright fiasco... :(
 
 
 
 
 
We read "Bartholomew and the Oobleck" and then made our own oobleck!
 
Boy, was it messy!
 
 
 
We ended our week with a parade around the school. Some of the kiddos dressed up.
 
 
 
We made a class banner that turned out super cute, but I forgot to snap a picture of it. We had picked the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" for our banner, so my kiddos all wrote what they wanted to do when they grew up on balloons. I'll try and take a pic on Monday :)
 
Whew! Just looking at all those pictures is making me exhausted....good thing its the weekend, baby!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie