Can I can a whoop-whoop for 4 day weekends? No matter that Tuesday is a furlough day and I won't get a penny for it...this girl will take it!
Its been a rough week for the family. My uncle passed very unexpectedly on Monday morning, so my family has been mourning the loss of a gentle giant. Uncle David was always quiet, but would give you a big smile and ask "What's going on, youngen?" Please keep my aunt and cousins in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the loss.
I'm linking up again with Casey for her weekly Five for Friday.
It's all about love this week, folks!
1. This is my Uncle David and Aunt Donna. It was taken a couple of years ago at my brother's wedding. They were so in love and had been married for longer than I've been alive. RIP Uncle David...you will be missed by so many.
2. I found these adorable bags at Dollar Tree and they were perfect for my little Valentines! With all the stress of work and graduate school, I just went the easy route for gifts this year-a pencil, some cutesy erasers, and a lollipop :) Oh, and I made them some special Valentine's Day cupcakes that were oh-so-tasty.
3. I was so loving Casey's cute Valentine bags that she posted last week, so we made some of our own! They turned out super cute and the kiddos loved having their own special bag that they had made. Score!
4. Do you see those gorgeous flowers? I was telling my hubby last week how I had heard on the radio that roses were the way to go on Valentine's Day, but I disagreed. I have always been partial to tulips. That sweet man remembered our discussion and gave me these beauties for V-Day. Love him!
5. Speaking of the hubs, this was the card I got for him for love day. Now, I know what you're thinking...he was super sweet and got me beautiful flowers and this is the card that I got him?
But trust me...this card is so us. The thing I love most about my marriage is that neither I nor my hubby take ourselves too seriously. We love to laugh and have fun with each other. He actually really loved his card :)
Now that this crazy week is over, I can turn my full attention to the 30 page paper I've got due tomorrow. Remember that resolution I made to not procrastinate? Yeah....not so much. I've only got about 15 pages done so far...yikes!