Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello? Anyone there?

Hey yall! Happy hump day!
 
I feel like the world's worst blogger. I have been seriously neglecting this lil ol' blog of mine. And I've not read any other blogs in many, many days...but I had a good excuse!
 
I've been knee-deep in completing my thesis for grad school, but I am super stoked to say that I am FINISHED!!!! Posted my paper last night and am officially done with this degree.
 
Hello, Ed.S! {and pay raise....hallelujah!}
Oh, Ryan... :)
 
I feel like I just birthed a giant baby, since I had been working on my thesis for 9 whole months. I chose to complete a study on something very near and dear to my heart....education blogs! I mean, I know that we have all been impacted greatly by this amazing online community, but I loved getting some real statistics.
 
Do you agree that blogging and/or reading education blogs should be considered professional development? Well, 100% of my participants do! And they also all agree that education blogs have made a positive impact on not only their teaching, but also student achievement, professional growth, and their support network! Not to mention that they have given most teachers a newfound sense of excitement in their job.
 
I won't go too much into detail, but if you are interested in reading my thesis you can check it out here.
 
Warning! It's quite long....60 pages...but you can really just skip to page 35 to get to the good stuff!
 
I also need to say a huge thank you to all my participants....I couldn't have done this without you!
 
Now, I'm off to catch up on my favorite blogs....but I promise I'll be back soon with some goodies!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I remember that feeling from last December when I graduated!! Wait til you get that first paycheck... padow!!!!! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am not there yet, but I assume it is a great feeling! Enjoy some free time!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie