Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cheap and Easy Bulletin Boards

Hey yall!
 
We are down to the very last week, folks!
Only 5 little days {plus 2 post-planning days} stand between myself and 10 glorious weeks of summer.
 
Although I've never been blessed to stay in the same room for more than one year, I know that some teachers like to prepare their bulletin boards for the next year before they head out for the summer. I would honestly LOVE to be able to do this, but have had no such luck.
 
Four years, four different classrooms.
Jiminy.
 
So for you lucky teachers that get to stick around for awhile, I wanted to share a cheap, easy, and fun bright idea!
 
 
I really love using plastic tablecloths for bulletin boards for a couple different reasons.
 
1. They're cheap. I buy the 99 cent plastic tablecloths from Wal-Mart. The price is right for a poor teacher like me!
 
2. They're durable. The plastic holds up pretty well, as long as you don't put tape on it.
Plastic + tape = major rippage
 
3. They're vibrant! Tablecloths don't fade or lose their color overtime, like butcher paper. The color stays bright all year long.
 
4. Fun patterns! Nowadays, you can get plastic tablecloths in lots of fun patterns. I mostly stick with solid colors, but last year I picked up that fun chevron tablecloth above and it made a HUGE statement for my bulletin board!

Here are some of my boards from this year that I used tablecloths on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
You do have to really make sure that you get all the wrinkles out though!
I obviously didn't do a good job on my genre board up there....yikes!
Those wrinkles are driving me crazy just looking at that picture!
 
But its also an easy fix! Just smooth and staple :)
 
Alright folks, I'm off to check out all the other bright ideas out there!
You should do the same :)
 
 


31 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe that you only have one week left!! We don't get out until June 19th! Your bulletin boards look wonderful! I use cloth on mine, but tablecloths are a great, cheap alternative, especially since you move to a different classroom every year!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bulletin boards look great! So colorful and neat!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I usually reuse the same fabric every year, but its getting worn down! I may have to try this next year! Thanks for the idea!

    Tasha
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's cool! How do you not get too many holes in it and stuff, though?

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this idea this past summer and did it. Maintenance ripped it all down. I came in one day and was sooooo sad!

    Tessa
    Tales from Outside the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea!! We were out last Wednesday and I'm relishing in the few days of vacation I have before rotator cuff surgery :( Are you all coming to the area this summer? If so, I would love to meet up with you again if you could! Hope things are going well and have a wonderful start to your summer hon! (This is Cindi...crazy K teacher in K'ville), lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHH.. I want those posters of the poetry, myth, etc! Who are they by?! :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I was wondering the same thing. I really like those genre posters. Who created them?

      Delete
  8. I love your boards. I used plastic table clothes this year as well and loved them. The wrinkles will drive a person crazy!
    I have the same question as Sara. I really want those posters for my room. Who are they by?

    ReplyDelete
  9. GENIUS! I'm SO doing this next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the the writing poster set also...but the calendar as well. Brand??

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the genre posters especially how it included the blog! where did you buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't see your bulletin board, could you email me please? ashleebrown@outlook.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't see your bulletin boards - please email them to me.
    Thank you,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the idea but pictures don't show. Please email me lilvane81@yahoo.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. please email me pics...cant see the examples on your website :( julyer73@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pics are not showing up. Send examples to pastorrodneymonica@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cann't see it, please emailed me is vlankys@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cann't see it, please emailed me is vlankys@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pictures of your examples do not show. Please email me at joybird2@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please send me the pictures busyday86@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Las imágenes de sus ejemplos no muestran. Por favor email rojas.r.@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can you email your example boards to me at bjrussell21@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can you email your example boards to me at bjrussell21@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have used the vinyl ones (the pocbic type, with the felt like material on the back) more expensive, but I had them up for 5 years! Yes 5! No ripping or fading and staple holes "heal".

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have used the vinyl ones (the pocbic type, with the felt like material on the back) more expensive, but I had them up for 5 years! Yes 5! No ripping or fading and staple holes "heal".

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't see your pictures. Please email me at tatriciaw10@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's interesting how our thoughts can sometimes take unexpected turns! I've been on the lookout for a new gym, and having shower facilities is an essential consideration for me.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/does-planet-fitness-have-showers/

    ReplyDelete
  28. The bulletin board ideas shared in this blog post are such a fantastic resource for teachers! As an educator, I'm always on the lookout for creative and budget-friendly ways to enhance my classroom environment.
    https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/can-you-use-a-walmart-gift-card-for-gas/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie