Friday, October 19, 2012

No, David! Friday Freebie

Hey yall! Happy Friday!
 
Our county actually has a furlough day today, so I'm writing at home in my pjs with my coffee :)
 
My body forgot that I was supposed to sleep in today, though, and woke me up promptly at 6:02. We had a little battle {which I won}, and I was able to get another hour of sleep!
 
I'm actually headed out in a bit to get some schoolwork done, but I wanted to show you guys some cuteness first :)
 
I'm sure we've all read this post by the lovely Cara, yes? Well, turns out, she was inspired by this post from Mrs. Lee. This is what I love about teachers....sharing!
 
I did this lesson last year with my kiddos, but since I had started the year so late with my littles this year, I didn't think much of it. But then I realized how much they really needed this lesson, so out it came!
 
Of course, we read the books first...
 
1062516David_goes_to_schooldavid-gets-in-trouble-main
 
and made an anchor chart. Mine is not even close to the cuteness that Cara's was, but I tried!
 


 
That's one scary looking David!
 
Then we made our own little Davids. Let me tell you...I LOVE the uniqueness of each little one!
 
2012-10-18_11-21-26_726.jpg
 
2012-10-18_11-21-06_993.jpg
 
2012-10-18_11-21-13_820.jpg
 
Our door of Davids
 
2012-10-18_11-20-48_656.jpg
 
I saw A LOT of peacemaking activity this day, so I would say it was a smashing success!
On Monday, we are going to review this lesson by filling out this sheet.
 
Click on the picture to get your copy!
If you haven't read this post about The BIG Thank You, please do so and get involved!!!
 


Freebie Fridays

 

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks! I'm your newest follower and am linked up, too!
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these books! Such a cute lesson idea too. :) Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I'm loving yours, following along now too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie