Sunday, September 1, 2013

Remind 101

Hey yall!
 
Happy Labor Day weekend! I just wanted to pop in real quick and share an amazing resource that we've been using this year.
 
Have you heard of Remind 101? I'm hoping you have, but in case you have been living under a rock lately {like I have been!} let me tell you about this cool resource.
 
Remind 101 is an online text messaging service that allows you to message your students' parents {or your students, depending on the grade level!} without giving them your cell phone number. You can type in one message and it will be mass texted to anyone that has signed up to receive alerts. Pretty cool right?
 
 
To get signed up, just head on over to the website. It honestly takes about 2 minutes to sign up and you can print off a note to send home to parents about how they can sign up to receive messages. If they would prefer to receive emails instead of text messages, there is a way for them to sign up for that, too!
 
I've been using Remind 101 this year and have already had so much more contact and support from parents than last year. Parental involvement has always been a weakness in our school, so I'm totally psyched to use this service to help strengthen that! I've been averaging about 1-2 messages a week...but mine are certainly not as creative as this one...
 
 
Enjoy the rest of your long weekend, friends!


2 comments:

  1. I'm using this for the first time this year too. Pretty sweet!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. You should have seen the parents pull out their cell phones when I gave them the info at our Open House. Funny!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie