Monday, October 7, 2013

Sight Word Games {freebies}

Hey yall!
 
Raise your hand if your school uses Fry's sight words. Our school does and my kiddos this year are struggling to master those darn things. So I've made it my mission to see to it that every single student masters that dang list.
 
I wanted to make it fun and was thinking of ways to do just that when I ran across this awesome unit from Lovin' Kindergarten with Mrs. Lindsey...
 
 
Perfect! I snatched it up and immediately began printing. Each kiddos gets a bubble gum machine that I let them decorate. The first 100 words are split up into 6 different sets, each a different color. Each time the kiddos master a set, that get that color gumball to put on their machine {and I give them a real gumball!}.
 
Let me tell you.....motivation has arrived!!!
 
They are working hard to master those words and can't wait to fill up their machines. I also sent home a list of the words for them to study at home.
 
But I also wanted them to get lots of practice during the school day, so I made a couple of fun holiday-themed sight word games for them to play.
 

 
Most of my kiddos have just about mastered the first 50 words, so these games just focus on the second 50 words from Fry's first 100 word list. Click on each picture above to snag your copies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie