Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ready or Not....It's Here!



Hey yall! Happy Sunday morning!

First of all, I just want to say thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes and comments! Yall really filled my bucket yesterday :) It was pretty low key....I actually spent most of the day cleaning! My hubby and I did do some shopping....more on that in a minute.

Look what I got for my bday

I am in love.

Okay, so are yall ready for Dr. Seuss week? I was chuckling on Friday because our hallways were filled with room moms and all things Dr. Seuss. Our school has a door decorating contest every year, and everyone is really bringing out the big guns this year! Last year, I came in 2nd place. I told the kindergarten teacher that won last year that I was coming for her this year :) I promise I will post pictures of all the different doors after the contest is over.

I felt like I was not 100% prepared for the week, so I did what any good teacher would do....shop! I had gotten a School Box gift card from my class for my bday, so I dragged the hubby with me after dinner last night.
 I racked up, yall! 
Look at all these goodies I got...
Dr. Seuss pencils
Dr. Seuss stickers
Dr. Seuss posters
Not Dr. Seuss related....but super cute none the less! These are  perfect for my owl-themed classroom, and I can finally get a job board up!
I also bought some cute flowery border for spring, and some adorable blue chicks.

Speaking of spring, I bought the cutest spring clipart yesterday, which inspired me to get started on some spring-themed centers! Here is a little sneak peek of what I started working on yesterday...



I know, I know...it's a little early for these. I mean, we haven't even made it through Dr. Seuss week or St. Patrick's Day! But....I couldn't resist :)

So I will spend the rest of the afternoon working on these, and cutting out the rest of my On the Loose with Dr. You-Know-Who centers.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Hopefully, we won't get the Sunday night blues tonight, since it's an exciting week to be a teacher!

Don't forget to enter my birthday/100 followers giveaway! It closes at midnight on Thursday, March 1.

Click on the picture to see the entry rules.

Think I'll go have another cup of coffee...... :)




5 comments:

  1. Girl...you will love your keurig!! It is possibly my favorite thing ever :P Amazon has great deals on the k cups sometimes and Sams/Costco sells some in bulk. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl....already do!!! In the past two days, I think I've had about 8 cups of coffee..yikes! Could explain the absolutely fabulous mood I've been in :)
      Thanks for the tip! I am definitely going to check it out :)

      Natalie

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I do love my Keurig! Just found your blog and followed! Too cute! Now I'm going to enter your giveaway! Come visit me at my blog soon!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad that you had a great birthday! Ready for an all out Dr. Seuss week!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog courtesy of Lyndsey at A Year of Many Firsts! Congrats on the award! I'm your newest follower!

    Melanie
    First Grade Brain Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie