Monday, June 24, 2013

Burlap + Chevron = Love!

Hey yall! Happy Monday!
 
I'm super excited to finally be linking up with Tara for her weekly party. Last summer, Mondays were my favorite day of the week! Can't wait to see everyone's craftiness this week.
 
Last week, my mom and I went to a fun wreath-making night at her church. I was super excited to finally learn how to make those adorable burlap wreaths that I had been eyeing.
 
First, we gathered our materials. Everything you see below came from Hobby Lobby. The burlap is 50% off right now {or was last week, anyways}, so I got it on the low! The roll below is 30 ft., which was definitely not enough. I ended up picking up another 30 ft. roll to finish off my wreath and still have probably three quarters of that roll left.
 
 
Then we started adding pipe cleaners around the wreath wire.
 
 
 
 
Those stinking pipe cleaners hurt, I tell ya! I kept poking myself with the wire, and before I knew it, I was bleeding!
 
Battle scar...
 
 
Once we got all the pipe cleaners spaced around the wreath wire, I started adding the burlap.
 
 
I scrunched up one side and tied it in. Then I made a loop and tied it in the next pipe cleaner.
 
 
It's up to you to decide how big you want your loops to be. I like mine to be relatively small, but some people were making theirs really big! Whatever floats your boat. Just make sure that you don't cut the burlap! You should just use one continuous strand until it's all gone.
 
 
I started on the inner ring and made my loops all the way around. Then I moved to the outer ring and made loops there.
 
 
Now, this is where I ran out of burlap, so I don't have pictures of what I did next. But I ended up putting in one more row of burlap loops right in the middle of the two I already had. This really fattened it up and gave it the fuller look I was going for.
 
Finally, add your ribbon and flower! I wish I could tell you how to make that cute ribbon, but my momma put it together for me. I can only learn one new thing at a time...
 
 
You like? I'm in LOVE!
 
Here is my mom's wreath. She decided not to do the burlap and instead made a patriotic wreath for the 4th.
 
 
 I wouldn't say that it was really easy or really hard, it just took lots of time and patience. I think overall it took me about 2 hours to get it all together, give or take.
 
Now I'm off to see what everyone else made! Go check out Tara and link up, yall!




12 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm always looking for new ideas for my door.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you and your Mama are very talented! My friend makes the burlap wreaths and hers are oh so cute! I'm not really a wreath kind of girl...maybe one day:)

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited you shared with us how to make these adorable burlap wreaths! This will definitely be on my to do list this summer! Saw your adorable pic on instagram and had to immediately come stop by to learn about how to make the wreaths!! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy to be your newest follower!

    -Caitlin
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, so cute!! I made one last year but it's pretty faded this year, think I might have to go get some burlap and redo it!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I love the idea of a wreath making party at Church!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice wreath! It is sooooo pretty :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this!!! Love the burlap and I think I'll make one with polka-dots to add to my room. TY so much for sharing. Are you coming back to the Smokies this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You already know that I LOVE this, but I'm stopping by to tell you again :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wreath, your mom's looks great too. http://mrsbrownthebookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of the wreaths turned out really cute. I have been seeing a lot of burlap products lately and I am lovin' them. They coordinate with just about anything.

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More With Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie