Sunday, June 30, 2013

Vinyl is my new best friend

Hey yall! Happy Monday!
 
Its really happy for me, because we are headed to Savannah for a little R&R. Can't wait to put my toes in the water! You may not hear much from me this week as I enjoy some much needed beach time with my family :)
 
I'm linking up again with Tara today.
 
 
Last week, my sweet niece and I had a sleepover. She is visiting from Kentucky, so we only get to hang a couple times of year...I have to take advantage of the time I get!
 
We decided to have a sleepover, complete with pedicures, cookies, the Bachelorette, and crafting! It sure was fun :)
 
We decided to make those adorable bubble gum machines that have been floating around Pinterest. Here is how mine turned out.
 
 
All of the materials came from Wal-Mart (except for the raffia from Joann's and the wooden knob I stole off an old dresser at my mom's house) and cost me a whopping $5. There are lots of cute and colorful gumball machines on Pinterest, but I wanted to stick with the chalkboard to go with my classroom theme for next year. I made the vinyl letters on my mom's Cricut, which she's had since Christmas but had never used before this week.
 
It certainly got lots of use once she busted it out, because I fell in love with the vinyl letters! My sister helped show us how to work the machine and we cranked out a couple other things as well.
 
I made the 'welcome' below and put it on our front door.
 
 
 
I also made our last name and put it over the doorway leading to our dining room.
 
I really need some curtains in here!!!
Please ignore the mess on the table!
I already have tons of other ideas of where I can put vinyl lettering, so her machine is definitely going to be put to good use this summer!
 
I would love to hear some ideas from all of you, too! Leave me a comment below with an idea and your email. I will pick one winner tomorrow. The winner can pick any 3 items from my TPT shop.



7 comments:

  1. I have a shoe organizer in my room that holds all of the kids pencils. Each kiddo gets one space. I have used vinyl numbers from my cricut to make the labels. Enjoy your cricut! It is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your cute vinyl letters and amazing wreath n your front door.
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...I really love that gumball machine, and your vinyl letters are making me want to get busy on my Cameo!!! Before you know it, I'll have vinyl all over the house!!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first vinyl lettering was in my post today too. So many possiblities... :)

    Mercedes
    Surfing to Success

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gumball machine. I may have to invest the time myself. Cute blog. So glad I found you.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects came out great! Love the sweet treats jar (although in my room it would get empty too fast!)

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie