Is it just me, or do summer days just sort of blend together? Sometimes, I lose track of what day it is! Oh, the perks of teaching and summer break :)
I'm linking up with Casey, even though I'm a couple days late! I can see lots of linky parties in my future this summer!
1. Last weekend, the hubs and I traveled to Tennessee. Love, love, love the mountains! We just had to stop at some of the scenic overlooks to check out the view. Notice the awesome hair? The wind was out of control!
2. The hubs planted some tomatoes awhile ago and he has been babying them like crazy! But its been paying off! We've got about 7 baby green tomatoes :) Mmmmm....can't wait for some 'mater sandwiches!
3. The hubs was gracious enough to share his mancave with me so I could store all my teaching supplies. No, it was not mandatory for us to take everything home over the summer. However, I did pack up everything and bring it home, because I am in the process of trying to transfer schools. My current principal is moving me to 5th grade next year, and I am soooo not excited about it! I feel like most teachers truly have a passion for a certain age range and mine is definitely the primary grades. I don't even know how to talk to those big ol' 5th graders! So keep your fingers crossed for me to find the right place!
Oh, and no, his cave is not usually that clean. I had to help him clean it out to make room for all my stuff! I'm sure it will stay like this for about 5.7 seconds!
4. The hubs and I spent some time plinking with his grandpa today. I am so thankful that they live just a few miles away and we get to see them on a regular basis. My dad was in the Army, so we moved around a lot growing up and I never really got to develop a strong relationship with my grandparents while they were living. But my hubby's grandparents are amazing and I love them so, so much! I am so blessed to have such an amazing relationship with them.
5. It wouldn't be a Five post if I didn't sneak my babies in there :) Being home, I really get to see just how lazy these babies are though! I'm sure they just sleep the whole time the hubs and I are gone.
BTdubs, if I do end up moving to 5th, I'm going to need some serious help! Any suggestions on some 5th grade blogs that will give me some inspiration???