Saturday, February 4, 2012

Linky Party and Awards

Happy Saturday, yall! I'm so happy that it's the weekend, but I'm even more happy that I don't have to babysit this weekend! Yippee!!!! Hopefully, my bank account will understand...

Funky First Grade Fun is having a linky party, so I thought I would join in on the fun! Here's what I love:

  • I love to watch movies with my hubby.
  • I love to read books (place) curled up on my couch with a soft blanket or in the tub.
  • I love to shop for shoes!!!!!
  • I love to collect shot glasses.
  • I love to listen to Widepread Panic, Allman Brothers, Mumford and Sons, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Adele, Dave Matthews.....I could go on and on.
  • I love to eat chicken spaghetti and pizza!
  • I love to talk about my pups Abby and Dude.
  • I love to make cupcakes!
  • I love to travel to anywhere really. So excited to travel to Japan over Spring Break!
  • I love to teach science!
I don't know how to use the cute document that she has, so it looks pretty boring. Anyway, head on over to Funky First Grade Fun to link up!

I have some exciting news....I have been awarded my first bloggy awards! And not just one, but two! That definitely put a smile on my face :)

The first one is the Versatile Blog Award, given to me by Andrea from Cheers to School. She is a substitute teacher who is currently looking for a teaching job. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, girl! Thanks so much for thinking of me!!!

So here are the rules for accepting the award:
  • Thank the award winner.
  • Tell 7 things about yourself.
  • Pass this award along to 15 newly discovered blogs.
  • Tell them about the award!
So here goes:
  1. I have a major girl crush on Grace Potter from Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. If you don't know who she is, you are missing out. She has an amazing voice and is beautiful to boot! Go buy their newest CD. You can thank me later :)
  2. My nephew is about to turn 21 next week. Now, in case you haven't read my introduction post, I am soon to be 27. I am actually closer in age to my nephew than I am to my sister. He is such an amazing person and I love him very much! I am sooo proud of the person that he has become. Love you, kid!
  3. In high school, I used to change my toenail polish daily to match my outfits. Now, I'm lucky if I change my polish once every 3 months! Poor neglected tootsies :(
  4. My second older sister and I were both born in Germany, though 14 years apart and in different cities.
  5. I used to speak Flemish, which is the language primarily spoken in Belgium. In kindergarten, I went half day to a Belgian school, and half day to an American school. Apparently, I was pretty quiet for the first few months at school, and then one day just started speaking fluent Flemish. Can I still speak it? Not one word.
  6. I have never had a cavity in my life. But....I am starting to have a little tooth pain, so if I find out I have one now, I am going to be super sad.
  7. I am heir to a basket fortune. Well, one of 5 heirs. My mother sells the very pricey Longaberger baskets and has so many that she's lost count. I mean, she probably has six figures worth of baskets. I also have quite a few in my collection, probably worth a thousand or two.
I will be back tomorrow with my picks for the award. This girl is getting sleepy....

The second award is the Leibster award. This award is for bloggers with 200 followers or less, and was given to me by Kim at First Grade Journal. She is another first grade teacher and always has such cute ideas! Make sure to check her out! Thanks so much, Kim!!!

And here are the rules for that award:
  • Thank the award presenter and post a link back to their blog.
  • Put the award on my blog.
  • Pick 5 blogs with less than 200 followers,let them know about the award, and encourage them to pass it on.
So I am nomating these ladies for this award.
Go check em out, yall! Okay, that's enough from me. I'm off to watch 50/50 with the hubs!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Natalie for thinking of me. That was very sweet of you!

    Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to see what you love! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend!

    Blessings,
    Rebecca
    The Teacher's Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 25 and my oldest nephew is 21, so my family situation sounds like yours!

    Also I have never had a cavity either but one of my teeth is feeling a little sensitive and I am also getting distressed!! Haha!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace Potter is one of my favorite singers. I got to see her open for DAVE one time!!! I think I nearly had a heart attack! OK, I really think we should go on a concert tour! : )
    Have a great day!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Natalie, somehow I thought I'd already thanked you, but apparently I didn't! Anyway, thank you so much for thinking about me for this award!!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie