Thursday, February 16, 2012

President's Day = 4 Day Weekend!

Hey yall! I know it's only Thursday night, and I hate to rub it in your face but.......I get a four day weekend! Whoo-hoo! Thank you President's Day!!!

Today was such a great day with my littles, but ended kind of sad. I had 3 students out with the yuckies, and one left early in the morning. So I was down to only 19 little bodies in my tiny, tiny classroom. Even though the students that were absent are actually very well behaved, something about having fewer kids made for a more peaceful day :) The sad part? One of my students withdrew from school. She was this tiny, sweet little thing that had made such great strides in the last few months, and I am so sad to lose her :(

So......because of the four day weekend, my team and I decided to go ahead and celebrate President's Day today. Thanks to all of you, I literally had to do zero planning and it was nice. I had found some great freebies around the blogosphere (and am finding more as we speak)!

First, we started off our day with a fun President's Day wordsearch from Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants.

Then we read these books...




...and made this super cute craftivity from Amy at Step Into Second Grade! They turned out unbelievably adorable and the littles had a blast!

Aren't they awesome? I just love all the different faces :)

Next, we tried to make as many words as we could using the letters "presidents" and wrote about what we would do as president! These activities came from Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher. Hey Teri, do you know how many times I got asked "What does a cupcake for the teacher mean?" today? Ha! I told them it was this awesome website that I was obsessed with :)



Anywhoo....time to go enjoy my looooong weekend! Please don't be jealous....I really need this!

I'm in a sappy kinda mood, so I'm off to watch The Notebook. Cue the tears!



4 comments:

  1. Ha! You should have told them it was a hint that you wanted a cupcake hahaha!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so funny! Thanks girl!! And I don't want to make *you* jealous, but I have off all week next week!!! ;)
    ❤Teri

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of Abes! Enjoy your long weekend.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one boy out all week because he was in Florida on vacation, and even though he is by far my most well-behaved student, the week seemed so much easier than normal! Weird...

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie