Monday, August 12, 2013

About Me Monday

Hey yall!
 
I'm sooo excited that Teacher Week is finally here! And it just happens to coincide with our first week of school, so this is definitely a busy week for me!
 
 
Be sure to join all the fun over at Blog Hoppin' every day this week {after you've visited me, of course!}
 
Today is Meet the Teacher, so here are 10 facts that you may or may not know about me.
 
1. I have been married for 5 years to the funniest guy I know. Seriously, this man keeps me in stiches all day long. He is there for me no matter what and supports me in everything I do. Even though we drive each other ten kinds of crazy some time, I wouldn't change a thing.
 
We totally got photo bombed in this pic!

2. The hubs and I desperately want children, but that just hasn't happened for us yet. So instead, we treat out two long-haired Chihuahuas like our babies. They seriously bring so much joy to our lives, so we tend to spoil them just a bit.
 
 
3. I have always loved to read. I remember getting in trouble when I was younger because I would sneak my itty bitty book light to bed and would read instead of sleep. Or I would be reading instead of cleaning my room. I especially love to read books that make me cry or feel very emotional. I don't know why, but I do! I'm not really into easy, carefree reads. I love Jodi Picoult, because her books always make me emotional.
 

 
4. I have six (soon to be seven!) nephews and nieces. I am the youngest of five. My sisters are 14 and 13 years older than I am, so I was very young when they started having babies :) My oldest nephew is only 6 years younger than me! I love having such a large family, but we are all spread out so I don't get to see them as much as I'd like.
 
The hubs and I with Morgan, Ben, and Jeremy.
 
My oldest niece {and mini-me!} Tess.
 
My handsome oldest nephew Myke.
 
My youngest niece Alyssa. She's got a baby sister on the way!



5. I had my first bee sting at age 27. I always had an irrational fear of bees and ran whenever they were around. Well, apparently my fear wasn't too irrational, because when I did get my first bee sting, my hand became engorged! Apparently I'm allergic....so the running continues :)
 
 
6. Today I started my 4th year of teaching {5th in education}. I started out as an assistant teacher in a pre-k class, then taught 1st grade for three years. This year, I was moved to 5th grade! I'm really trying to embrace the change, but I was missing my babies today as I watched all the new first graders in the hallway and got a dozen hugs from the now second graders.
 
7. My new favorite snack is a peanut butter and banana sandwich. For some reason, I had never tried one of these bad boys until earlier this year. I gave it a try and man, am I hooked! Yumm-o!
 
 
8. The hubs and I are avid Widespread Panic fans {Spread Heads, if you will}. I started going to their shows when I was 15 and have been to at least one every year since then {give or take a year or 2}, usually for a couple days at a time. So far, I've think I've been to around 22 shows.
 
 
9. I am also obsessed with Grace Potter. I've had the opportunity to see her up close and personal a few times, and she seriously just rocks my face off every single time. I'm hoping to go see her again in September...she's doing some tour dates with the Allman Brothers!
 
 
10. When I eat toaster strudels, I always eat around the edges first. Then I take apart the two halves and lay them down: one with the cream side down and one with the frosting side down. Then I eat each side by folding it in half. Always.
 
Be sure to come see me again tomorrow for the big classroom reveal!!!






1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the linky. I am happy to say that I am your newest follower. I can't wait to read more post. If you get a chance I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ** The picture of your hubs in the Dr. Seuss hat - too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie