Saturday, January 4, 2014

Slim Down Saturday

Hey yall!
 
Now that we are officially in the new year, its time to take action. I've been off and on diets and lifestyle changes for the past few years, but nothing has really stuck.
 
This year, though, I'm more determined than ever. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that my hubby and I have been trying desperately to have a baby. You can read more about our journey here and here.
 
Well, we started the IUI process 3 different times, yet had to cancel mid-cycle each time for various reasons. My doctor has decided that we need to take a little break from all the hormones and give my body a rest. So we're taking a little hiatus until March.
 
However, he also decided that I need to lose about 30 pounds before coming back in March. Yikes! Now, I would personally like to lose more than 30 pounds, but doing that by March will be a challenge! But, if it means having a better chance of getting pregnant, then I'm up for the challenge!
 
So I'm linking up today with Gina over at Third Grade Tidbits for her new weekly linky....Slim Down Saturdays!
 
http://www.thirdgradetidbits.blogspot.com/2014/01/slim-down-saturdays-14.html
 
I'm hoping this linky {as well as an amazing FB group of other bloggers trying to get in shape} will keep me accountable each week. And I'm counting on yall to help me, too!
 
 
My ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds by summer. However, my short term goal is to lose 30 pounds by mid-March. I've got a long way to go!
 
Since Wednesday morning, I have lost 5.8 pounds! Amazing, right? Well, its because I completed the 3 day juice cleanse from Joe Cross and Dr. Oz.
 
This entailed drinking 5 juices a day and then eating a dinner of only fruits and vegetables. Honestly, I didn't think I would be able to do it. My willpower is usually very weak and I almost expected to fail. But I did it!!!
 
Breakfast: Carrot Apple Ginger Juice
 
 
Mid-Morning: Mean Green Juice
 
 
Lunch: Gazpacho Juice
 
 
Afternoon Snack: Citrus Inspired Green Juice
 
 
Pre-Dinner: Sunset Blend Juice
 
 
For dinner each night, I had a plain baked potato, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, and a cup of fruit (either strawberries or kiwis).
 
To be honest, some of these juices were not good. The lunch juice was too overpowering for me and I could barely drink the afternoon snack juice. But the morning juice was actually really, really good!
 
Day 1 was the hardest, because I had a couple of headaches and felt pretty hungry. But day 2 & 3 were great! I felt lots of energy and stayed pretty satisfied throughout the day.
 
If you are interested in more information on the cleanse, check out the website here.
 
My goal for next week is to drink more water and to start the Couch to 5K running program. My word for this week is motivation. I feel really good and motivated to stick to it this go around!
 
These photos are my motivation. I would LOVE to get back to that size!
 
 
 
 
Wish me luck, friends!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am not sure I could do that juice cleanse. 1. I don't like most of those ingredients. 2. I feel like I would be starving. haha I give you a TON of credit for being able to do it AND start to see results. My friend went through a couple years of fertility treatments and medications and IUIs...gained a bunch of weight from it all. They stopped all the drugs because she was going to be having surgery in hopes it would help... low and behold she ended up pregnant... no interventions. Crazy how that works huh? I hope you 1. reach your goal by March and 2. are blessed with a beautiful baby sooner rather than later!! Thanks for linking up. I am excited to see your progress each week.
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! I will keep praying for this, as well as a new precious baby! If i can lose 50 last year (although I have gained back about 7) you can do this!! So excited for you! LOVE the picture in the Smokies! :) They are covered in white right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it through the juice cleanse! That's awesome - I am not sure I would be able to do that. I have zero willpower! Although, I *really* need to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that does seem tough! I may have to try it though...maybe. I'm not sure I'm brave enough! Good look on your journey!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the nearly 6 lbs! That's awesome. What kind of juicer do you use? I need to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow well done on your cleanse and weight loss. You definitely seem motivated. Good luck on all your journeys this year.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give you a lot of credit - I don't think I could do that juice cleanse!!! Good luck with your goals - you can do it! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading about your continued success.
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natalie,

    I found you through the Saturday Slimdown! Well done with the juice cleanse! I bought a Vitamix last summer and made a few VERY TASTY juices and some NOT TASTY ones as well...lol! I need to get back at it! It's such a healthy way to get in LOTS of fruits and veggies! Just like you, I need to drink more water. I just love diet soda too much! I to make a rule that I drink all my water first and then have soda! I've just started following you and look forward to sharing our progress!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees


    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a feeling (by looking at Instagram) that the cleanse you were on was the Dr. Oz cleanse. We did that one last summer. It's a good one! Good luck on this new adventure! I know you can do it :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie