PTL it's Friday...and I can't say that enough.
I have had an extremely rough day...scratch that...week!
Let's start with my Currently...
|Font by A Cupcake for the Teacher|
1. Yes...I am ashamed to admit that I watch the Bad Girls Club. Why??? I have no idea...honestly. The girls are horrible and I completely disagree with everything they do on the show. But seriously??? I cannot stop watching!
2. This Sunday is my hubby's big 30th birthday! I think I am more excited than he is :) but that may be because I have some things planned for him that he doesn't know about <3
3. Management strategies-the reason my week has been hell. I am really, really, really struggling with my kiddos this year. I'm just going to be real with you....it's been making things less than fun. My school is about as inner-city as it can get around here, and most of my students come from extreme poverty. I am dealing with issues that I have never had to deal with before, and it has not been easy. I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad for me or my kiddos, but asking for help! What are some strategies that I can try with these kids??? I have tried every thing from my bag of tricks, but am still spending the majority of my day trying to just manage the kids and I feel as though my teaching is taking a hit. HELP!
4. Thanksgiving Break is 15 days away...not that I'm counting or anything. Thanks to a couple of furlough days...grrr...we have the whole week off. I most definitely need the break!
5. Party...hubby's turning 30...can't say much more :)
6. I love Pandora! I always have it open in my room. My favorite station is one simply called Solo Piano. It's anything and everything that I love....just a piano version. It's amazingly calming to both myself and my littles.
Before I head off to finish this BGC reunion, I wanted to show you guys some of the letters the students at our school wrote for the soldiers. I sent out over 250 letters this week! It put a huge smile on my face knowing that 250 soldiers would have a letter to read on Thanksgiving :)