Friday, June 1, 2012

I <3 You, Office Depot

Hey yall!

Well, I am *officially* a college student again!

I had registered for classes a couple of weeks ago, but it finally became real today. As I opened up my university email for the first time, I had a couple from my professor. One of the emails was our syllabus for the semester. Excitedly, I opened up the email and read all of our assignments for the class.

And then...I panicked.

I mean, really panicked.

What if I don't remember how to write papers?
What if I don't remember how to study?
What if I don't remember how to do educational research?

I seriously considered not going back to school. I mean, sat down and gave it some serious thought for about 2 days. Is the pay raise worth all the stress of becoming a student again?

After I had a major minor freakout, I decided to suck it up and just. do. it.

It's only a year long program. I can do anything for a year...right???

So I trekked down to the campus, bought my books, purchased my school ID, and got my parking permit. I even picked up a university tshirt, just to get myself into the 'school spirit."

Then I decided I needed to pick up some school supplies, so I headed over to Office Depot.

Ummm....is it possible to be in love with a store?

Because, I'm pretty sure, that I am having a love affair with Office Depot right now.

What could possibly be so great about an office supply store, you ask?

Well, only these...

Brightly colored file folers

and these...

Binder clips, push pins, paper clips, and magnets...all in coordinating colors.


and these really gave me heart palpitations!



No, your eyes are not deceiving you, that is, in fact, a Sharpie Center!!!

Every single color and type of Sharpie you can imagine.

I was in Sharpie heaven.

I might have a slight Sharpie obsession. But I'm sure I'm not the only one :)

I also found these clips that I must have.



They say things like Urgent, To Do, File, and Misc.

But who am I kidding? I really should just save myself some time and get these instead...


Ha!

Wish me luck, friends. My first day of graduate school starts on Monday...ahh!

P.S. Please, please, please link up with my Favorite Fonts linky party. I am starting to feel like the loser who invited a bunch of people to her party and nobody showed up :(

Graphics by The 3am Teacher


9 comments:

  1. Good Luck!!! I used to be a sharpie addict until I fell in love with Bic Mark It's and now i'm hooked on those

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your office depot finds! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those clips! I don't think I have ever seen the ones with sayings on them before. I somehow missed your linky before. I *heart* fonts!! I am going to link up with you tomorrow!!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Office Depot! And Staples, and AC Moore, and... :) Your linky sounds fun, I will link up soon!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with school!!! I have the summer off, but I'm currently working on my masters. You'll do great... especially with all those awesome office supplies ;) lol I'm obsessed with cute school stuff too, so you're definitely not alone!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I am totally planning on doing a post on fonts tomorrow- Will totally join up with you!

    I am starting on my PhD this fall and I want to just pass out sometimes thinking about it. I may be the girl with her hat on a street corner begging for change to pay for it!!!


    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! Once school is out I am sooo going to Office Depot for fun! (Are we crazy or what??? The things we do for "fun"!)
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I really need to visit Office Depot SOON! Too freakin' cool!! I have an addiction to office supplies...I think it's a prerequisite to becoming a teacher :) Good luck with grad school! I did mine 80% online and it was definitely worth it!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger won't give me my own comment box, so I'm gonna piggyback off yours!! I definitely need to avoid the office store- that much is clear. I'm going to link up with your fonts linky within the next few days - working on my font list right now!!
      Buzzing with Ms. B

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie