Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lunch Choices from Guest Blogger Laura!

Hey all you Teachery Tidbit Fans! Natalie is off today and I am so excited to make my first guest blog post! This is Laura Davis from Tattling to the Teacher, here to share a little management freebie that was a lifesaver for me last year.

I don't know about you, but at my school we have to send down a "Lunch Order Form" every morning, telling the cafeteria what our students are buying everyday. The cafeteria sends home a monthly breakfast and lunch calendar with 2 choices for each meal. Of course, we have kids that bring lunchboxes too! Since I have to keep track for the cafeteria, I came up with a way to take attendance and record lunch choices all at the same time.

Sorry for the poor quality... Cell phone pic!
I put all the kids names on clothespins and clipped them to a long ribbon right by the door. I made three choices for them: Lunchbox (brought your lunch), Lunch Choice #1 and Lunch Choice #2. In the middle of the Lunch Choice #1 and 2 there is a little piece of Velcro. I would Velcro pictures of the choices everyday on those spots. Each morning the kids come in and move their clip to their lunch choice. This was a very effective way of taking attendance and lunch orders without having to ask every morning. Does your school turn in lunch orders daily? If so, you're in luck!
A freebie for you today- my lunch labels and a lunch order form. There are 25 different lunch choices with 2 blank ones (for those unusual lunches!). Click any of the pictures below to get the freebie!


 

 

Thanks to Natalie for letting me share this. Please come check me out for more freebies on my little bloggy:



Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. I have done this same system, but with having the kids names on die cuts and then on a magnetic board where they put their name next to the choice they want. I love this idea though. I love me some ribbon :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just found your cute blog through Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans and are now following you! Check us out sometime if you have a chance!!
    Katie & Lisen
    wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Similar to what I use but way cuter!! Thanks for sharing.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, I've just given you the "One Lovely Blog Award". Check out my blog to receive it :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just awarded you the "One Lovely Blog Award”, stop by my blog to accept it!
    Colleen
    Totally Terrific in Texas

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie