Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tar-jay, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Hey yall!!!

During the year, I would say something like, "It's Tuesday! We're almost halfway thru the week!"

However, this is summer...and summer doesn't have a schedule :)

Which is actually not true at all, since I am in classes. But I still allow all the days to just run together :) which is probably why I haven't even started on my research paper that is due in 2 days...

Hmm....

Anyways, today, instead of working on my research paper I went to Target. I was just there to pick up a prescription, and had absolutely  no intention of buying anything else.

But we all know how that goes....

I didn't even make it past the dollar spot before running going back to get a cart....because I saw all things green, blue, purple, and pink (my classroom colors for next year, along with brown and orange).

I loaded up, my friends...

The first thing I saw were these little piggies



I mean, how could I have passed these by???

These darn little piggies threw me all off my game.

I saw loads of math activities swirl before my eyes, and I was reaching for them before I knew it. I am most definitely creating a money unit to go along with these babies. So, run out and get your own!

I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but these guys are pretty itty bitty. Here is a fuzzy comparison picture...



See how itty??? I {heart} them!

The next thing I grabbed were all these cute little buckets and baskets.



I'm not sure yet how I am going to use them, but I'm sure I will think of something. Also, those solid baskets are actually purple, not blue.

When I saw these, I about died!



What will become of these, you ask?

Why, owls, of course!!!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

I mean, too cute, right???

Next up, I saw these adorable dry erase boards..


I already have a bajillion dry erase boards for my room...but I don't have any with a pink frame!

I'm planning on using these by the door to write a sweet welcome message to my littles in the morning! I might also use them to write reminders on the way out the door :)

I am so loving my haul today!


And so, the love affair continues...

14 comments:

  1. I have those purple bins! They are awesome! I also almost bought those white boards...but now you gave me an idea for them:)

    I must go back to Target now;)

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY Gosh! Seeing your owls gave me a great idea! I have just bought some of the lanterns and my room is decorated in pigs. I can make mine into pigs!! Hope you don't mind if I use your idea. Why didn't I think of that??!! Awesome idea. Love the Target, but I don't get to go often. We don't have one in my county, so I have to drive about an hour to get to one. Needless to say my family won't go with me because I stay too long! I am now following your blog!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, those owls are great!

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love Target! i really like those laterns, I might need to go check them out!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh I love Target too!! Those owls are going to be too cute :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah your love affair! Love those owls!!!

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got some great things at Target today too! I need to limit my Target visits to once a month.
    Miss Nelson's blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just when I thought I had convinced myself not to do an owl theme this year, I find your blog and see those lanterns. Ohmiword, too cute!! I always leave Target with things I never planned on getting. Gotta love that $1 spot :) I love finding new 1st grade blogs!

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love those owls! I was just saying on someone else's blog that if I didn't love pirates so much, I would switch to owls! You have to love that Target dollar spot. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it be bad if I went in my pj's to Target to look for those lanterns????? Those owls are so stinking cute!

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOODNESS! Those owls are the cutest I've ever seen! How easy and creative and cute! I was just at Target tonight. Went in for ONE thing and spend an hour and $50. Didn't even get the thing I went in for, oh well! i'll just go back! I looked in the dollar art, but my Target didn't have any of the things yours did. Those pigs are to cute!
    :) Dana Stop by & visit me @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie