Monday, June 18, 2012

Manic and Monday Made It, plus yay for dads!

 Hey yall!!! I am so much better than my last post, because guess what???

My dad is a genius. A computer genius, to be exact!

He was able to recover my corrupted file!!! Soooo....look what's finally in my shops!


 
This is a monster, with 120 pages! Yikes! It includes:

*Attendance Board-header, student owls, and transportation options



*Name Plates-there are 4 different color options




*Calendar Buddies-includes days of the week, months of the year, and 'today is,' 'tomorrow is,' and 'yesterday was' header cards



*Number Cards- numbers 1-31 are included

*'Owl'phabet Cards-there are 2 different size options


*Table Numbers-there are six different table tags



*Classroom Jobs-includes 20 classroom jobs



This set has a theme of owls and polka dots, accented in teal, orange, lime green, and brown.
Click here to get it from my TPT store, and here to get it from my TN store :)

Just because I am sooo happy about my daddy being ah-mazing, I will offer it free to the first person that can guess what he did for a living (he's retired now). Leave me a comment below :)

Now, onto my Manic Monday freebie! It is a little companion to accompany this cute set.


 
Click the picture to get your freebie!

If you have a freebie to share, go link up with Classroom Freebies!


 
I am also linking up with Tara for her Monday Made It Linky!

 
My niece and I got super crafty yesterday! I know that everyone has seen the melted crayon artwork around, so we thought we would give it a whirl!

We bought all our supplies:
1. white canvas (16 x 20 was 2 for $9.99 at Michaels)
2. Crayons (we used 2 boxes of 64)
3. Hot glue gun
4. Heat gun
5. Paint and paintbrushes

First, we tore all the paper off the crayons. Tip: soak the crayons in water first!


Then we broke them in half, and hot glued them to the canvas. We propped the canvas against the wall, and covered the floor with newspaper to prevent splatter.


We turned on the heat gun and the wax melted away! It was pretty instantaneous, which I was pleased about. I'm sure you could use a hairdryer as well, although it would take a lot longer!



Voila! All the crayons melted beautifully!
 


This was pretty cool already, but we took it one step further. We turned the canvas upside down, and painted some colorful flowers! I love how they turned out!

This is my niece with her master piece



And this is mine! I used all the colors that will be in my theme for next year.



Cute, right? This will look perfect in my future classroom!

One last thing before I go :) (cheers to you if you made it this far!)

Have you seen the new blog that Tanja has created?


It's called Endless Pinabilities, and it is awesome! It is allllll about being inspired by Pinterest. I am a contributor, so go check it out! You won't be sorry :)

Whew! Thanks for hanging in there...and don't forget to guess what my daddy did for a living!


26 comments:

  1. So neat! Love the crayon art and your owl set is adorable!!! Thanks for linking up:) I also love how you turned your crayon art upside down and got creative!!! Wonderful!!!! I have a butterfly made out of melted crayons in my classroom:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! love it all, sweet girl. That crayon art canvas is darling.

    Hope you are well! :)

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owl set is very cute, thanks for sharing!

    Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have a computer genius in the family?? And your project turned out great!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. 120 pages? Freak out was well deserved. It turned out amazing. Loving the owls this year!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the owls!! The crayon project has been on my to-do list for months. You are inspiring me to get busy on it!

    Heather
    http://peacocksandpenguins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the owls!! I've had owls in my room for the past 2 years - I'm going to spruce them up some more this year (I just can't get rid of them; they're too darn cute!)
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super adorable!! If I did owls, I would definitely buy it! Yay for Dads!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool project to do with your niece! Very cool! Love, love, love your owl pack. My daughter and I were at the teacher store today and she was trying to talk me into changing my theme to owls. She told me she would be so happy in a classroom with an owl them ;) Thank you for sharing!
    Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade ~ We're having a SWEET giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Yay! My email is bookskt19@yahoo.com. Thank you!

      :) Kaitlyn
      Smiles and Sunshine

      Delete
  11. This is so cute, I have never seen anything like it. The owl materials are darling. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.bligspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dad IS a genius and your niece is super cute!! Glad he was able to recover it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great!! I just posted a melty crayon project too.. great minds!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank goodness for dads, right? My dad has gotten me out of countless situations like that!! And the crayon craft looks awesome! It is on my to-do list this summer!

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm truly loving all these owl themed things out there! I'm new to the teaching world and would never think to use owls but I totally see why people do. Thank you for making this - it's gorgeous! I'm a new follower to your blog - stop by and see me sometime!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad your dad was able to get everything back for you. The theme looks amazing! I am awarding your blog the One Lovely Blog award :)

    You can learn more about it on my blog
    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  17. The owl pack is awesome! I'm a first year teacher and it fits my theme perfectly.

    Did anyone guess what your dad did for a living yet? Was he a graphic artist?

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing Blog, Visit for the best Web Designing Company for creative and Dynamic Website’s.
    Web Development Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice blog, thank you so much for sharing with us this valuable information. Get the best Mutual Fund Advice and Investment schemes in top mutual funds by Mutual Fund Wala.
    Mutual Fund Agent

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice, visit for parties and any function events on your place at Lifestyle Magazine.
    Lifestyle Magazine India

    ReplyDelete
  21. Incredible blog, thank you so much for sharing such valuable information with us. Visit Kalakutir Pvt Ltd for the best Commercial Vehicle Wrap and School Bus Painting in Delhi, India.
    Commercial Vehicle Wrap

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie