Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pretty Paint Cans and Tennessee Bloggy Meetup!

Hey yall! Happy Humpday!!!

Well, I am knee-deep into my first class of the Ed.S program. I am actually honestly really enjoying it! Partly because I have had the professor before (twice for undergrad and once for my master's program) and have always really liked her...and partly because there is only 6 people in the class. Having a class that is so small really allows you to open up and discuss all kinds of things with the other students (in this case, other teachers :)

It is also a really great refresher for me, because this course is all about authentic literacy assessment(in fact, that may even be the name of the course...is that bad that I don't 100% know that???).

Anyways, the class is only 10 days long, but we meet every day for four hours!!! Hence, my lack of posting :)

I just wanted to share something real quick with you guys. I found these little babies at Hope Depot the other night...


I just had to have them! So I bought a couple (I would have bought a lot more, but the hubs stopped me at 2...for now!). They were less than $3 a piece, so I think they are pretty reasonable.

Here is what the inside looks like..



The first thing that came to my mind when I found these nifty cans?

"I can Mod Podge those!!!"

I think I am slightly obsessed with Mod Podge.

Anyways, I picked up some cute scrapbook paper and got to work!

This is how they turned out..



Cute, right?

I LOVE this paper, and the colors coordinate perfectly with the owl set that I am working on for my classroom next year. Oh, you can be on the lookout for that...I am working so hard on it and you guys are gonna love it!!!

I am planning on making some labels for the lids and keeping these in my word work stations. The two that I made are going to be for my scrabble tiles and magnetic letters.

Anyone have any other labels they would like to see before I make a set? I would most happily share them with you guys :)

Now, my family is going on vacation next month to Gatlinburg, and Kerri from Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten told me she lived there.

Wanna know what I immediately thought?

Blogger meetup!!!

Soooo....any Tennessee bloggers out there want to meet up sometime in July? I will be in Gatlinburg from the 3rd thru the 8th. If so, you can either email me or Kerri to let us know your interested, and we will announce the details later.

Off to do my homework!


10 comments:

  1. I went to Gatlinburg over Christmas break! It was a beautiful place in the winter, so I can imagine how pretty it is in summer. That's the first place I saw snow this winter! I'm thinking about doing owls this school year so please post if you decide to share in your store!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cans! That's a great idea with the mod podge. You have my wheels turning! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those paint cans too!!!! I have containers for my magnetic letters but those cans would be a million times cuter!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! I saw those paint cans today while I was shopping at Lowes! You did a great job with them!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love paint cans! I use the clear ones from the craft store all the time!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww man!!! I would love to- but I will be in DC for the NEA conference. Enjoy your trip! Love the cans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my those cans are cute! Might be a craft I have to do soon :) Wish I were closer :(

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paint cans are super cute!! I'm not a blogger, yet, lol, but would love to meet up with you, as I only live about 15 miles from G'Burg...in a little town by the name of Maryville (Murville as we say :O) I teach at Bearden Elementary in Knox County, 20 miles from my front door...can non-bloggers join you? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie