Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Hey yall! Hope everyone had an awesome week full of St. Patty's Day fun! I know we sure did!

Here are just a few of the fun things we did this week:




We made these super cute rainbows and pots of gold for our first grade bulletin board. Where did this come from? Why, from Teri, of course!

We also made Teri's cute little Leapin' Leprechauns, but I forgot to snap a picture of those. They are definitely super cute, though!
Image from A Cupcake for the Teacher
If I can remember on Monday, I will try and grab a couple of photos of our little leprechauns. They are precious!

We also worked on math centers from my Lots of Luck Math Activities unit.



We even had a visit from our own little leprechaun! He trashed our room, knocking all the chairs over, tossed our backpacks all around, drew on our board, and even ripped down some of our anchor charts! He also left us a little note and a surprise!




Click on the picture below to pick up your copy of the letter from Lucky the leprechaun!

Lucky left us a magical bag of powder and a little cup of milk.



His note said to add the milk and look for his gold nuggest! My littles each added their cup of milk to the power, worked it with their hands, and this is what they found...




They were totally amazed! I gave each child a spoon and they got to taste their little treat!

So, what were in the bags? There was a tablespoon of pistachio instant jello pudding in each bag, and 1/4 cup of milk in each cup. Their warm little hands helped to cook the jello pudding! The gold nuggets are actually little pistachios, so this activity is not good for students with nut allergies.

I definitely cannot take credit for this idea. My teamie found it from Fern Smith's Center Games.

We read lots of St. Patrick's Day books, and I gave each student a gold coin and a themed pencil. We had such a blast! Unfortunately, I caught some little bug yesterday, and spent the whole day trying not to lose my lunch.

But I'm feeling much better today! Not good enough to partake in any festivities tonight, though. My hubby is hoping I feel well enough to clean the house....we'll see about that!

Not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but I started a Facebook page! Click on the picture below to "Like" me.

I am also a guest blogger for Gladys today at Teaching in High Heels. Go check it out!

Alright folks, enjoy your day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!








3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. Congrats on the guest blog. :)

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way your BB turned out!!!!! Thank you for the shout-out!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute activities! I'm sure the kids had a blast!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie