Friday, March 30, 2012

Make Yourself at Home-Guest Blogger Tammy

Hi.  My name is Tammy.  I'm in charge of a little blog called Forever in First, and I'm thoroughly honored to fill in for Natalie while she's having the time of her life in Japan.  I've never been a guest blogger, so I really do think this is about the coolest thing ever.  Here goes...

I suppose this is an odd time of year to share this post, but as they say, better late than never.  Last August was forever ago, but I remember how I spent a few days of it - on a hunt for 20-something cheap garage sale frames.  Those few days were also spent with a can of black spray paint in hand as well.  Why the frames and paint?  Look below.   



Sprinkled throughout my room are pictures of my kids - on countertops, on tables, on walls, and on shelves.  I hope it sends the message, "This is your place as well as mine. We're one big happy family, so make yourself at home."  

At the beginning of the year I sent home a letter asking parents for help.


Although I love a nice pat on the back every so often, this one belongs to The Sisters.  I'm fairly confident they'd love that I'm passing it along to you though.  

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea!! Definitely saving this for next year in my classroom.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully sweet idea!! I so want to do this next year! Such a great way to make the class feel like home.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I will have to try this next year!
    ~Jada
    Daisy Days for Learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. I loop so next year I'll have the same kids. How cool would it be to use pictures that we took last year and put them around the room. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Tammy, thanks for sharing it with us.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea! I am sure the kiddos just love being able to look at pictures of the families!

    -Julie
    www.lightafire3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. I'm glad you've found this post helpful. Thanks Natalie for letting me be your guest!

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie