Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our Week in Seuss

Hey yall! Happy Saturday!
As promised, I am back with some pictures from our awesome Dr. Seuss week. So here goes....
On Monday, we read "The Lorax" and completed activities from my On the Loose unit. Students found rhyming words, made words with "cat in a hat," put words in ABC order, and sorted through nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
On Tuesday, we read "Horton Hears a Who" and made these pinterest inspired crafts.
 
On Wednesday, we read "Cat in the Hat" and made these little cuties.
 
On Thusday, we read "Bartholomew and the Oobleck" and made our own oobleck! They loved this!
We also made these adorable cakes from Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher.
 

On Friday, we completed math centers from my On the Loose Math unit.



Students came to school dressed as their favorite Dr. Seuss characters.

Horton


Lorax
Cat in the Hat and some Things
Another Thing and Daisy Head Mayzie


Sam I Am
Another Thing

Another Cat in the Hat and more Things {we had lots of Things}

Then the kindergarten and first grade classes had a parade.



Lead by Cat in the Hat himself!
Our principal

Even our school mascot got in on the fun!


After the parade, we enjoyed some Seuss Juice from Cara at First Grade Parade. They loved it! I even had a little taste...yum!


At the end of the day, I passed out these little trinkets. I had found these in the Dollar Spot at Target last summer, and have been hanging onto them just for this purpose. The littles loved them!


Oh, and in case you were wondering, a little birdie told me yesterday that my class won the door decorating contest! Whoo-hoo! That means that we will have a birthday party for Dr. Seuss next week, complete with cake and ice cream...yum!

Off to babysit!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like such fun!!! Love the trees!
    Jennifer

    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally had those Dr. Seuss silly bands in my hand over the summer when I was with my boyfriend at Target. He looked at them and was like, "....Really? Do you NEED these?" And I said, "Yeah! For Dr. Seuss's birthday!" And he was like, "Come on... save your money." So I said fine. And now I will have to show him your post so he knows that I am not crazy after all!! :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, too funny! My hubby has given up asking me when I buy school stuff! He just usually shakes his head, but doesn't say anything. I also got some Dr. Seuss erasers at the same time, but for some reason I only bought 12 of them...drats. Guess they are going in my treasure box!

      Natalie

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on winning the door contest!!! My kiddos kept asking me if we could have birthday cake on Friday since it was Dr. Seuss's birthday! :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was super excited :) My littles don't know yet, so I can't wait to tell them on Monday!

      Natalie

      Delete
  4. Looks like a really fun time!! Thanks for the shout-out.. the cakes look delicious! ;)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie