Monday, April 16, 2012

Furry Friends and a Freebie!

Hey yall! Well, its Monday again.

I asked her not to come, to just stay away this week. But she does not have good listening ears. Because here she is, showing up once again.

Sigh.

Since it's a Monday, and I want something fun to do, I am going to link up with Sandy at Soaring Through Second Grade for her fun party!



Um..isn't that just the cutest?

Meet Abby

She is 8 years old and very cranky. She is a long-haired chihuahua and is black with a white belly. She also has one white paw.

Abby loves milk,

giving kisses,


and being lazy.

She also has a great balancing act...


Even though she will bark at anything that moves, she is actually very sweet and tolerant of everything we put her through. She always lets kids tote her around, and is usually a good sport when we dress her up.



Even though her breath is really stank, she is definitely my number one girl :) Abby has taught me that big things come in small packages.

Meet Dude
He is 2 and a half, and is also a long-haired chihuahua. He is tan with some white markings.

Dude is an amazing watch dog,

thinks he is the most handsome boy (and I would have to agree),

and is the world's best snuggler.


He loves all things soft...


...but he hates baths.

and is scared of everything.

Dude is probably the sweetest, snuggliest dog I have ever met, and we are sooo glad that is he our's :) He has taught me the meaning of unconditional love.

Meet Holly

She is a 2 year old black labrador retriever. Holly is actually my sister's dog, but we are watching her for a couple of months while they relocate to the States.

Holly loves to play tug-of-war, chase her ball,

and sleep in beds that are too small for her.

We have only had Holly for a week, but she is quickly becoming a cherished member of the family. The littles aren't quite sure what to think of her yet, but my hubby and I just adore her.

Holly has taught me to have some fun in life.

Not sure if you can tell by the oodles of pictures, but we really love our fur babies. They are like our children :)

Now onto the freebie.

I have bought this super cute ice cream clip art from KPM Doodles, and started a unit on it ages ago. I just never could get myself together, and only completed 1 activity.

My loss, your gain.

Here is it for free! Click on the picture to get your copy.

This little activity has 18 ice cream cone contractions ('ve, n't, and 'll), a recording sheet, and an answer sheet.

If you download, please leave me some feedback!

 

6 comments:

  1. LOL about the mother's day purse! One of the teachers in my district bought it from me {and I only knew bc she emailed me about the father's day briefcase and I saw her email address! I freaked out!! But I don't think she even knows} Anyway, that's so funny! And one of my facebook friends told me the same thing about my math center games! I'm famous! ;)

    Very cute activity BTW!
    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oodles of pictures of your puppies! The pictures and the captions cracked me up! Thank you for sharing!!! :-)

    And thank you for the freebie! We are working on contractions this week!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of your furbabies are fantastic! How kind of you to take your sister's dog for awhile. You're a foster furparent! I'm your newest follower - yay!
    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life is full of furry friends. I can't imagine my life without a dog!
    I am your newest follower. Stop by my blog sometime, too.

    :) Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable pictures! I'm still smiling!

    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the one on top of his hat. You can tell those furry friends are definitely loved! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie