Monday, April 23, 2012

We Love the Earth!

Hey yall! Is it just me, or was today completely exhausting? Whew!

We have had lots of love for our little ol' Earth in my classroom.

We started on Friday by reading these books.





We also watched a Brain Pop Jr. video on reducing, reusing, and recycling. We discussed all the ways that we could take care of our earth, and made a graphic organizer of our ideas (forgot to snap a picture of that ).

Then we got to creating :)

We made these really awesome earths, and wrote 3 ways that we could take care of our earth.







My bulletin board was already full of our achoo people, but I just had to get these up! Ignore the stacked chairs in the picture :)

Today, we finished our Earth Day fun by reading this book.



We discussed what pollution is, and how to avoid polluting our earth.

Then we made these stinkin' cute little owls from my Give a Hoot! pack.






I LOVE how they all used the same tracers, but they each turned out a little differently. I especially love how some of them added eyelashes and bow ties :) I much prefer work that is not 'cookie cutter,' as I feel it truly does reflect the students personality. See that last one, how it is all crooked and odd? That sweet girl is most definitely an oddball :)

Gotta go...my hubby is cooking me dinner, and it's starting to smell yummy!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Natalie!!!! I just got home to find my Pinterest package from you. You are SERIOUSLY the sweetest. The colors are PERFECT and totally fit my personality/style. Thank you SO VERY MUCH! You seriously made my day. :)

    I LOVE the "Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute" craft. I've been seeing that EVERYWHERE, girlfriend! :) It is precious. I completely agree with you about not making everything so cookie-cutter. How can we encourage our students to be creative and original when, in the end, their crafts all look exactly the same. Thanks for sharing! Thank you, again, for the sweet gift. LOVE IT!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Earths look great!!! How did you make them??? Great display :-)

    Michelle
    http://bloggingteachingandsecondgradeohmy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owls and Earths....so stinkin' cute!

    I am all about everyone's craftivity looking different....although I seem to ALWAYS have one kiddo that cries when we do crafts....bless his heart.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coffee filter earths!!! So cute :)

    I'm your newest follower! :)


    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie