Friday, April 13, 2012

Okinawa {Part 1}

Hey yall! TGIF, right?

This week was such a blur for me. I tell you what, that jet lag is rough!

But I think I am finally over it. And now I am ready to share some pics from my trip with you.

Just so we're clear....these are not in any way related to teaching :)

I have a lot of pictures, but I will try and condense them as much as possible.

There might be a funny little video at the end. I'm just saying...

These are just some of the pictures from around the island and funny little signs.

"Squatty potties" and yes....I did have to use these on a couple of occasions!

I was sooo happy to see a McDs in the Tokyo airport! But I didn't order the "Big America" :) ...I prefer my burgers sans egg.

This is a baseball stadium...the Okinawans LOVE baseball!

There were vending machines everywhere! The cool thing about these? You could get cold OR hot beverages!

All the cars and trucks were sooo tiny! I really felt like a giant...I was so amused by these!

See? Told ya....tiny truck.

All the English signs seemed to be just a little off...



The ferris wheel that is right across the street from my sister's house. My niece can see this from her bedroom!

Random dragon statue on the side of the road...

All of the trees were sooo cool!

Mmmmmm....yummy garlic fried rice :)

Watch out for habu! Apparently, these poisonous snakes are all over the island...at least, the signs are...

Cocok toes! We had the most amazing pedicures and got to choose our nail design from a huge book!

Pineapple Park! Did you know that pineapple means pines and apples? This is what we learned on our tour....ha!

Giant Shisa dog statue

Pretty rock...noooo clue what the sign says :)

My niece and I

We went to this Japanese steak house, and the walls and hallway were covered  with business cards...it looked so cool!

Whew, that was quite the ordeal! Apparently, the picture uploader is quite finicky. It is done with me, and I am over it.

I will be back tomorrow with some pics of the beautiful beaches and coasts!

If you stuck with me, I will reward you with this video.

You have my permission to laugh...


Seriously, I landed like that every single time. Actually, that's not true. I did manage to land on my feet for the very last one...but it sounds much more dramatic when I say every single time :) 

12 comments:

  1. Those are fun pics. I'm glad you had a great time!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! That was a great video. It looks SUPER FUN! I am loving your pictures. I loved the trees, the fried rice, and the pedicure is so precious!!

    Have you read David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed in Flames? It includes a short story about what his life was like when he lived in Japan. It includes some funny reflections on the wording of stuff in English like your signs - super funny.

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have like 5 other videos, but this one is the funniest :)

      I have never read that book..I will have to check it out!

      Natalie

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Looking at these pictures just takes me back in time. I lived in Misawa for 3 1/2 years and it was such an experience. Thank you for posting your pictures I love them :)
    Glad you're back


    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. No eggs on your burgers??? Are you even American?? :)

    And your toes are SO SO cute!!!!!!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Our pursuing tastiness will never stop." Good motto! I just found your blog and I would read it just for the cuteness factor. Everything else is a bonus!
    www.biglearnin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we thought it was hilarious! For the rest of the trip, all we kept saying was "What a so tasty!"

      Natalie

      Delete
  6. I love the pictures! They reminded me of when I lived in Thailand for a summer!

    I try not to remember the squatty potties. That one looked sooo much nicer than the ones I always had to end up using! haha!

    Love all of the pictures!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Thailand! And yes, those squatties were actually pretty nice (they were at the airport), but I did see some not-so-nice ones...yikes!

      Natalie

      Delete
  7. Looks like a blast!

    I love that you were rocking the Gator shirt in Japan. =)

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, whoa, whoa...let me clear something up for you. I am a Georgia Dawg through and through. I had to borrow a shirt from my sister, and I immediately balked at the idea of wearing a shirt with a gator on it! But it was actually a shirt from my nephews little football team, so I relented.

      Gators? Yuck :)

      Natalie

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments!!!

Natalie